Dog Park Rules
We hope you and your dog enjoy visiting Windsor's dog parks. For the safety of your pet and others, please be sure to follow the Dog Park Rules.
- Dogs may be off-leash and run freely within the fenced area.
- The off-leash dog area is for dogs, their handlers and those accompanying them. No other use is allowed.
- Dogs must be under voice control of their handler and in view of their handler at all times.
- Dogs must be on leash when entering and exiting the off-leash dog area.
- Leaving dogs unattended is prohibited.
- Dogs must be vaccinated.
- Handlers must pick up after their dog.
- Puppies must be at least 6 months of age.
- Motorized equipment prohibited.
- Handlers must be 16 years of age or older. Children 8 years and under are not allowed in the off-leash dog area; children ages 9 to 15 years of age must be accompanied by a responsible person 16 years or older.
- Use the park at your own risk. Owners are responsible and liable for the actions and behavior of their dogs at all times.
- All dogs must be spayed and neutered.
- Limit three dogs per person per visit.
- No food except gulp-able, bite-sized treats (i.e. no food in bowls or long-lasting treats)
- Dogs and owners creating a problem must leave when asked.
- Potable (drinkable) water not available; please bring your own.
- Ingestion of untreated agricultural water such as Windsor Lake carries an inherent risk of possible exposure to pathogenic organisms.
- Dogs are welcome to swim in the water within the designated buoyed area only at the Windsor Lake Dog Park; people are not permitted to swim in this area.
- Please be aware of boaters passing by, and keep your pet within the roped and buoyed area for their safety.
Poudre Pooch Park
West side of Eastman Park
Windsor Lake Dog Park
North side of Windsor Lake
Severance Dog Park
525 Vivian St.
Fun for You and Your Best Bud
Dogs need to unwind, too. Sometimes a cold drink by the lake with your furry friend is exactly what you need after a long week at work. Bring your best friend (dog and/or human) down to Windsor Lake at Boardwalk Park for First Friday Yappy Hours, presented in partnership with the Weld County Humane Society.
First Fridays, May through August.
4:30 pm to 7:30 pm
G5 Brew Pub
1018 Mahogany Way, Severance
301 Main St., Windsor
Looking for a new family member?
Larimer County Humane Society
Weld County Humane Society
Big Bones Canine Rescue